Thursday, May 20, 2010

Prologue (Part I): Packing

I will be flying out to Chicago on June 1st, and that means the entirety of my possessions must fit in two large suitcases and a carry-on bag. This poses quite the dilemma.

It is interesting to see how the last 22 years of my life are condensed into three bags. My plan is to pack clothes and kitchen supplies in those bags, since cooking and dressing like a dandy seem to be my only hobbies. Maybe I should start doing something to increase my machismo points. Fencing perhaps?

The one thing I'm going to miss about Topeka (SPOILER ALERT: There is nothing interesting about Topeka!) is how I bought both of my suitcases here for $3.99 at the Salvation Army. My favorite is shown below:



It has a great vintage look and will certainly be a great mugger-deterrent. Why rob someone who has such a ridiculous piece of luggage and clearly has nothing to live for?

No comments:

Post a Comment