Monday, January 30, 2012

Test Questions

So, we just had our big exam over the Ob/Gyn and GI units, and there were some really hard questions. I thought I should share some with you.

1. Professor McGonagall is pregnant, and Harry Potter must help deliver the baby. What should he do?

A. "Expelliarmus fetus!"
B. "Abruptio Placenta!"
C. Have Hermione perform an emergency, magical C-section
D. Pull Gryffindor's speculum from the Sorting Hat

2. Which is NOT a significant risk factor for an ectopic pregnancy?

A. Talking at the movies
B. 2 (two) first-degree relatives with blonde highlights
C. Using the word "irregardless"
D. Putting your fingers up to your mouth when it is cold outside and pretending to smoke

4. Which is NOT a side-effect of oral-contraceptive use?

A. X-ray vision
B. Animal telepathy
C. Heart-doubling
D. Superuterus

5. A 23-year-old male presents with frequent, non-bloody diarrhea after a recent trip to Latin America. Which of these questions would be most important to ask?

A. "How was your trip?"
B. "What did you bring me?"
C. "Hey, I don't know what your wife is talking about. I was just fixing your shower."
D. "Maybe if you just TALKED to Jan, she would rethink the divorce."
E. "No, YOU need to calm down!"

6. Which P450 enzyme is the best?

A. CYP3A4
B. CYP2D6
C. CYP2C19
D. CYP2E1
E. Oh, I can't decide. I love them all!

3. Your patient is an elderly man complaining of severe RUQ pain. Several lacerations are apparent on the skin overlying his abdomen, and both wrists and ankles are in shackles. His HST and HLT levels are elevated, as well as his unconjugated bilirubin. His power of attorney is a large eagle that is menacingly pacing around the room. What would be the most appropriate next step?

A. Liver biopsy
B. Endoscopy
C. Ultrasound
D. Your patient is Prometheus and is being deservedly punished for his transgressions against Zeus. Return him to the mountain.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Sai! Great entry! Of course I answered all your questions right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Excellent post Sai! I'm sure you aced the exam. I especially loved the last question! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this. I am very happy to your post about on. Great information, I would like to say your post is very informative.
    p450 test

    ReplyDelete